Send Topic Print
micro HABU (Read 2231 times)
FLC astroflyer
Private

MULLIGAN driver

Milford, N.S.
micro HABU
Aug 23rd, 2013 at 8:45pm

Four flights on the micro habu before dark tonight.

I flew the first flight with wheels from the parking lot in the schoolyard.  Did not like the wheels on flight, seemed slower than I expected and the nose pulled down quite a bit on takeoff when power was added.  It did track straight and climb out ok.  did a couple of landings which were bouncy.  my fault. Lots of light posts and trees so could not fly it low and in close.

took the wheels off and went out into the soccer field. Now I could fly it in close and down low where it shines.

It appears to be slightly faster than the mig, hard to tell though as I haven't flown the mig in a while.  Had great climb and definitely had more authority in the loop over the mig which was always a bit lazy in big loops.

exactly the same flight time (3 minutes) with batteries after flight reading 3.7 with no load.

one the second flight pulling out of a loop, the battery departed the airframe.  I continued to fly it which of course was useless. LOL

Since I was pulling out of the loop, the elevator was stuck in about a thirty percent up position, and the now very tailheavy airframe did several steep noseups into a stall each time, but almost like I still had control the final one of those resulted in a dead on belly landing.  not a mark on it.  the battery although out in an open soccer field took some time to find.

OLDEST AL the walking spellchecker

IP Logged

SHAWN M

ASRCM Forum User

Re: micro HABU
Reply #1 - Aug 23rd, 2013 at 11:29pm

Awesome Al.... I Just got back from the states and had a great trip down to Boston... I was down to Ray and Robins near Portland and I was also checking out the Habu on Wednesday... The model I was looking at did not include a charger or batteries... Sad  However what a great deal on the UMX Mig because it came with the plane, charger and battery for well under a hundred bucks... I picked one of those up along with a Parallel Charging Board and extra batteries... Oh I did remember to get foam safe... So Al if you wanna chase each other around, I have the glue covered... Smiley

Anything will fly at least once... Even a rock...
SHAWN M https://www.facebook.com/shawncat  
IP Logged

FLC astroflyer
Private

MULLIGAN driver

Milford, N.S.
Reply #2 - Aug 23rd, 2013 at 11:55pm

then we will see you in the morning. lol

IP Logged

FLC astroflyer
Private

MULLIGAN driver

Milford, N.S.
Reply #3 - Aug 24th, 2013 at 2:11pm

well, I gave the micro habu a good workout in the wind today.  It is for sure faster than the mig (ask shawn), not by a wide margin but noticeable.

Where it really shines is in the AS3X in this plane.  While the mig will shimmy through the bouncy air over our runway today, the habu just slices right through.  very little bouncing around with this plane, the stabilization works better than anything I've seen.  And it was windy there today. 

IP Logged

SHAWN M

ASRCM Forum User

Reply #4 - Aug 24th, 2013 at 5:54pm

That UMX Habu is awesome Al... I did pick up a couple more batteries, but no fear I did not pick up a Habu today as tempted as I was...  It was a windy, but fun day... Looking forward to doing it again...

Anything will fly at least once... Even a rock...
SHAWN M https://www.facebook.com/shawncat  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print