ASRCM
  Welcome to ASRCM's Forum!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Windy Weather Milford 102 Cam  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
new site vs the old site (Read 3510 times)
FLC astroflyer
Private

MULLIGAN driver

Milford, N.S.
new site vs the old site
Sep 11th, 2012 at 1:47pm

any members having lingering thoughts of our old site should visit there today.  totally flooded as it usually is during the fall although perhaps a tad earlier than usual.

our new site on the other hand is high and dry, slightly wet underfoot and the road is dry and passable one day after that heavy rain.

there was considerable water coming down the lynch road extension during the rain however and some silt has been washed away in a few spoots, leaving gravel, but still easily driven over.  AND that silt has totally filled the depression (puddle) about halfway up so no more water sitting there.

the road around the end of the field was a bit wet this morning and taking that turn at speed could result in an unscheduled visit into the edge of the ravine.   Grin  should be dryer wednesday.

1 and 2  flooding at the old site

3.  conditions at the new site this morning.

DSC_8946-a.jpg (99 KB | 270 )
DSC_8946-a.jpg
DSC_8948-a.jpg (99 KB | 264 )
DSC_8948-a.jpg
DSC_8951-a.jpg (97 KB | 276 )
DSC_8951-a.jpg

OLDEST AL the walking spellchecker

IP Logged

RocketManRC
Private

Here's to summer!

Bedford NS
Re: new site vs the old site
Reply #1 - Sep 11th, 2012 at 7:22pm

I have to say that I have very much enjoyed flying at our new field this summer and don't miss the old one at all, flooding or not. However being on high ground is certainly an advantage Smiley

Rick MacDonald

IP Logged

Newfie Bullet
Private

ASRCM Forum User

Reply #2 - Sep 11th, 2012 at 7:40pm

I don't miss the old field at all. I missed over 2 months of flying last year do to the water conditions. But I must say, thanks to all involved to putting the new field together his year I have made up some time. Grin Grin Grin Grin
Remember keep it skids up!!!!!!!!

IP Logged

sugarpops
Private

ASRCM Forum member!

Lower Sackville NS
Reply #3 - Sep 11th, 2012 at 8:00pm

I don't miss the old field, perfect if you have a boat....also my lost plane would be under water for a while.....

happy wife, happy life...

IP Logged

JON BOY
Private

GEEBEE Driver

Reply #4 - Sep 11th, 2012 at 8:07pm

Like i said before this is the best thing that has ever happened to the club in quight a while....... Except for the bad place! Lol. Glad that i had a hand in setting things up, and the recent camping adventures were awesome........ Especially without the newf. Lol

IP Logged

Bill G
God Member

ASRCM Forum member!

Truro
Reply #5 - Sep 11th, 2012 at 8:08pm

Add some buildings to the old site and it would look like Lago de Truro last night…

Gravity always wins...

IP Logged

JMiller
Private

Rotor Head

Milford
Reply #6 - Sep 11th, 2012 at 10:35pm

I figured the old field would have been a lake today after all the rain we had.  Don't miss it at all.  Especially glad we don't have to haul up and move everything. Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print