shearwater rc club (Read 9105 times)
sugarpops
Private

ASRCM Forum member!

Lower Sackville NS
shearwater rc club
Feb 9th, 2012 at 9:39am

found this on RC Canada       Shearwater R/C Flyer's

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a long shut down, (post 9/11), the Shearwater Flyer's R/C club is on it's way to commence flying once again. We're hoping to be fully operational by early March. We have unfettered access to the now deactivated main runway at Shearwater, which is separated from the Heliport, by security fencing. Featuring 10,000 foot by 200 foot runway, with intersections, tons of pit space, parking, etc. It's a MAAC Club, and although it's a CF Personnel Support sanctioned Club, we are allowed 50% civillian members. We've also been allowed to honour the MAAC regulations regarding visitors. Long story short, if you're looking to fly your huge jet, scale warbird, aerobat, heli, or glider, then we've just the locale. We have club trainers and radios, so members can receive training to the MAAC Wings level, with no big outlay for aircraft/gear! We also have agreement with the Shearwater Aviation Museum, for use of a conference room, for meetings, and the setup of a Real Flight 6 Sim room, with projector and large screen, for training. We're looking forward to a great flying year, and will announce our first open fun-fly, as soon as we're fully up and running. Hope to see lots of people come to visit!

happy wife, happy life...

IP Logged

FLC astroflyer
Private

MULLIGAN driver

Milford, N.S.
Re: shearwater rc club
Reply #1 - Feb 9th, 2012 at 11:06am

saw that on RCcanada also.  should be a really great spot to fly some exotic stuff with retracts etc. 

stand by for an exciting announcement coming from ASRCM as well.  Wink

OLDEST AL the walking spellchecker

IP Logged

Glen

Sackville N.S.
Reply #2 - Feb 9th, 2012 at 4:10pm

Hey Al, you tell us your exciting news about ASRCM and I'll give you an update on Shearwater, sound fair?  Smiley

IP Logged

Hueydriver

Pull pitch! MAAC 27961

Fall River
Reply #3 - Feb 14th, 2012 at 2:46pm

John and I will be asking.....any room for control line flying at Shearwater?  Howz about ex-CF members?  Quite interesting.

IP Logged

Glen

Sackville N.S.
Reply #4 - Feb 14th, 2012 at 6:37pm

I don't know about room for c/l, there's only 10,00 feet  Grin. Definitely room for ex member's, in fact we need more military members so there can be more civ member's. There's a meeting this Thursday at the aviation museum if you're interested.
I'll give an update after that (I didn't forget Al).

IP Logged

FLC astroflyer
Private

MULLIGAN driver

Milford, N.S.
Reply #5 - Feb 14th, 2012 at 9:44pm

what time is the meeting glen.  I'll probably come in.

OLDEST AL the walking spellchecker

IP Logged

Glen

Sackville N.S.
Reply #6 - Feb 14th, 2012 at 9:57pm

Al
They're shooting for 6 pm , I'll let you know if there's any change. Here's the address to get yourself on the mailing list : shearwaterrcflyers@gmail.com
They'll let you know what's going on, just give them a quick "hello" with your name and address and you'll be good to go.

IP Logged

CQ
Private

PC2312826839 MAAC76705

Reply #7 - Apr 2nd, 2012 at 7:50am

I received an update email as to the status of the Shearwater Club. In case anyone is intereserested and not on their mailing list, here it is.

Quote:
Hello all,

Again it's been awhile since I've emailed you all, this is just a short update on the club. I have to go to the PSP staff and get an update on the status of our paperwork on Monday but just to let you all know we had to re-submit it 2 weeks ago as the PSP staff has misplaced our file. That wasn't to bad as we had copies of all the paperwork. Earlier this week I received an email from the Wing Commander's EA (assistant for you non Military). The Wing Commander will be out of the Province for the next 2 weeks as he has had a death in the family. Therefore I don't expect the paperwork to be signed off until late April unless he has already signed it off.  I will verify this on Monday. If there is any change I will send out another email.

Cheers

Kevin McKay Sgt
Secretary / Treasurer
Shearwater RC Flyers

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print