Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Work Party (Read 7196 times)
JON BOY
Private

GEEBEE Driver

Work Party
Apr 26th, 2015 at 8:27pm

Hey guys,  a few of us went up to the field today for some flying.  It was great to be up there.  I have decided that next weekend would be a great time to cut more of the tree line. It would also be a great time for us all to decide what we want to do with the road. We have a potential new member that was out with us today that has some pipe that we can lay before we put the gravel down. This would be a great help with the drainage. I want to thank Matt and Darren for their help. They were out digging drains in the road at multiple locations. This really helped the drainage. Last weekend there was about 2 feet on the road and today it was almost clear. I would say that by next weekend the snow will be all gone. Darren was able to drive his truck up there to the bottom of the hill today. Darren told me that he will bring his 4 wheeler out next weekend so we can drag the trees away. It would be great if we can get some help with this. As the weekend gets closer we will look at the  weather and  see which day would be better. Thanks again to Matt and Darren,  and I hope some of you can make it out to give us a hand.

IP Logged

DarrenMonk
YaBB Newbies

ASRCM Forum User

Dartmouth, NS
Re: Work Party
Reply #1 - Apr 29th, 2015 at 8:42pm

Saturday or Sunday works for me. Available anytime this weekend.  Hopefully mother nature will cooperate.  I'll watch for your post  Cool

IP Logged

matt3
YaBB Newbies

ASRCM Forum User

Bedford
Reply #2 - Apr 30th, 2015 at 8:34am

I don't think I can get away on Saturday but am free all day Sunday. Im looking forward to getting back to the field  Smiley

matt

IP Logged

C-GARL
Private

ASRCM Forum User

Halifax West
Reply #3 - Apr 30th, 2015 at 8:59am

Sorry guys. I will not be able to participate in this weekend work party.

IP Logged

FLC astroflyer
Private

MULLIGAN driver

Milford, N.S.
Reply #4 - Apr 30th, 2015 at 9:50am

We forgive you alain.  the grass is not growing yet.   Grin

OLDEST AL the walking spellchecker

IP Logged

CQ
Private

PC2312826839 MAAC76705

Reply #5 - Apr 30th, 2015 at 7:29pm

I'll be there. Looks like Saturday and Sunday will both be good.

IP Logged

JON BOY
Private

GEEBEE Driver

Reply #6 - Apr 30th, 2015 at 9:57pm

Hey guy's, I went up to the field tonight after work to see the road. It looks good. There is still some snow on one part of the road. Some vehicles could now drive up to where you turn onto the final turn to the field.  That will still need a few weeks to dry. It looks good up there. I cut all the small trees that were starting to grow up at the end if the runway and well below that. We and my ME109 are now safe. A little birdie told me late last season that I might have been close to some of them.  The runway is still really soggy,  but much better than last weekend. If today was Saturday,  I would still park my car at the end of the end of the road like I did tonight.  The weather looks good for Saturday,  so I plan to go out about 10 am and see how far we get. I might go back Sunday,  but we will see. I have had an extremely busy week.  Sorry Matt. And to Alain. ... ni worries about you not being there,  you sir, have done more than your fair share. We all apreciate that. Any help this weekendguy's would be much appreciated.

IP Logged

matt3
YaBB Newbies

ASRCM Forum User

Bedford
Reply #7 - May 1st, 2015 at 8:35am

Sounds good Jon.

I am happy to drag trees you drop in place off to the side when I get there Sunday morning as well as anything else you would suggest doing. 

Great news that the road is passable up to the turn at the top of the hill!

IP Logged

C-GARL
Private

ASRCM Forum User

Halifax West
Reply #8 - May 1st, 2015 at 9:59pm

+20deg all week long almost. Lawn need mowing but we are riding the bike back to HFX this weekend. It will have to wait until Linette get back.   Wink

IP Logged

JON BOY
Private

GEEBEE Driver

Reply #9 - May 2nd, 2015 at 9:01am

Hey guy's,  just a quick heads up. I just drove my car up to the top of the hill before you turn onto the field easily.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print