Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Seagull Edge 540 (Read 2617 times)
Raptor
Private

Halifax
Seagull Edge 540
Jul 28th, 2014 at 9:58am

So some times ya just have to kick your self !

yesterday  I had my Edge at the field and could not get the OS 120 to run ,  tried new plugs all the normal stuff , it would run for a bit and then shut off , and then it would not start at all ...

When i had the time last night ,after mowing parts of the lawn and cleaning up the rest of the wood pile in the driveway I decided to take another look at what was going on.

I noticed that I left the fuel in the tank , not something I normally do when leaving the field , I hooked up the pump to drain the tank, but nothing would come out .  Strange, it filled but would not drain.

I pulled the tank out of the plane and that is when I noticed what I had done ,  when I  put the tank back together over the winter , I crossed up the line int he tank.  I have three tubes in the tank , one for the carb, one for exhaust and one capped .   

I hooked the line in the tank to the one that was capped .....  no wonder it would not run !    The line going to the carb was only picking up the fuel when the tank was filled , when it burnt off a little it could not get fuel any longer !

Paul Marsh

IP Logged

FLC astroflyer
Private

MULLIGAN driver

Milford, N.S.
Re: Seagull Edge 540
Reply #1 - Jul 28th, 2014 at 1:14pm

I think a lot of us have had that problem over the years Paul.  Heaven knows what might happen there if i was flying glow in my old age.  Lol

OLDEST AL the walking spellchecker

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print