ASRCM
  Welcome to ASRCM's Forum!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Windy Weather Milford 102 Cam  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
East Coast Helicopter Fun-Fly (Read 3158 times)
Tower
YaBB Newbies

ASRCM Forum User

Kentville Nova Scotia
East Coast Helicopter Fun-Fly
Jun 5th, 2014 at 6:28pm

Posted for Colin

It's come to my attention that "Mud Hero", which is an athletic hill climb event, is being held the same weekend as our helicopter fun-fly. This means #1, that the traffic coming into our flying site is going to be EXTREMELY busy. And #2, that if you plan to book a hotel, you should do it ASAP. Last year they had 4000 registered people at their event. I recommend taking the Falmouth exit, and then backtracking into the field. You'll want to give yourself some extra time to go this route if you're coming from the Halifax area.

If you are bringing a camper, I would highly recommend showing up Friday night before the event. Otherwise it may be a a pain to get into the field. We will have the same setup as last year for the campers - I don't foresee there being any issue with lack of space. The ground the flatter and already much dryer than last year.

See you next month!

Colin

July 5, 2014 - 2 day(s) -- AVON RC FLYER'S
-- East Coast Helicopter Fun-Fly
The Avon R/C Flyers club will be hosting the 3rd annual East Coast Helicopter fun-fly at their site in Windsor, NS. This year we will have more parking space available which should make it easier for those with RV's. The dates for this year's event are July 5th and 6th. Those who have RV's are welcome and encouraged to show up on the afternoon of the 4th. Last year there was not much participation in the contest portion of the event, so rather than hog up the center flight station for the better part of Saturday morning, I would like to run two very basic "just for fun" contests throughout the day, at the near (left hand) flight station. The prizes for the winner of each contest will be minor, this will

IP Logged

Tower
YaBB Newbies

ASRCM Forum User

Kentville Nova Scotia
POSTPONED: East Coast Helicopter Fun-Fly
Reply #1 - Jul 2nd, 2014 at 3:33pm

Sent: July-02-14 2:35 PM

Subject: Re: Weekend

Hi Guys,

Can you please forward this to everyone.

It's with great disappointment that I have to make the decision to cancel this weekends east coast heli fun-fly due to weather. We have a huge selection of great prizes from all of our supporters, along with an awesome night show, all on stand-by for a weekend later in the flying season. I will get back to everyone with a date asap. I hope that the date change will not prohibit anyone from coming.

Unfortunately mother nature is above all of us. I would like to plan for late in sept. Please let me know how this works for you.

Thanks,

Colin

IP Logged

Raptor
Private

Halifax
Re: East Coast Helicopter Fun-Fly -update from Colin
Reply #2 - Jul 9th, 2014 at 10:18am

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that the east coast heli fun-fly has been re-scheduled for September 20-21st. We have way to much money invested by the sponsors and the club to cancel it for the year. I hope everyone can still make it out. Please forward this e-mail to anyone you may think did not get it.

Thanks,

Coli

Paul Marsh

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print