HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Windy Weather Milford 102 Cam  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Black Giant Arrived (Read 3131 times)
small_rc

Halifax
Black Giant Arrived
Jan 15th, 2013 at 6:26pm

China Post and Canada Post conspired to deliver this big aerial photography platform in 6 days from the click of the order mouse. Yup ordered it Saturday the 5th around 2:30 PM and it arrived at my door Friday the 11th at 11:35. Hard to believe. It was shipped within 12 hours by BEVRC.com

It is one of the black 1900mm span ( about 75" ) Skywalker planes. Will use an AXI motor, about 3S1P 5000, 4 metal gear servos, and a 3 axis stabilization system with return to launch and a geo-fence.
« Last Edit: Jan 16th, 2013 at 6:56pm by small_rc »  

IMGP0623a.JPG (90 KB | 342 )
IMGP0623a.JPG
IMGP0621a.JPG (78 KB | 344 )
IMGP0621a.JPG

Nothing like the smell of electrons in the morning.

IP Logged

FLC astroflyer
Private

MULLIGAN driver

Milford, N.S.
Re: Black Giant Arrived
Reply #1 - Jan 15th, 2013 at 8:49pm

nice looking rig Jim.  what's a geo fence?  an airplane corral?

OLDEST AL the walking spellchecker

IP Logged

small_rc

Halifax
Geo-Fence
Reply #2 - Jan 16th, 2013 at 6:55pm

A geo-fence or electric fence is a device that uses GPS to set a limit to the distance away from launch.  When the distance is exceeded the vehicle returns to launch.   In this case it is a radius from launch that you can set.  If the software changes I suspect that a specific line will be able to be set not just a radius.

Will be using this

www.gluonpilotusa.com

The device is useful for FPV use as well.  If the plane flies away or out of video range, once it hits the preset limit it will return.  It also has many other features which I hope to test, such as camera triggering, altitude or attitude hold and other capabilities.

That web site is just new and I suspect it will be improved over the next few days.

Nothing like the smell of electrons in the morning.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print