ASRCM
  Welcome to ASRCM's Forum!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Windy Weather Milford 102 Cam  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Work starting on the road (Read 1763 times)
gdatmsc
Private

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Work starting on the road
Aug 29th, 2018 at 3:43pm

I was up to cut the field today and the spoke with the excavator operator that was clearing back the brush on the sides of the road. He said he will now be installing culverts in some problem areas, mostly beyond the part of the road that we use. The grader will then be coming in. I asked if the road will be closed for any periods for construction and he thought it would be for a couple of two or three hour sessions when the culverts are being installed or the grader is working.

WP_000253.jpg (1203 KB | 187 )
WP_000253.jpg

IP Logged

FLC astroflyer
Private

MULLIGAN driver

Milford, N.S.
Re: Work starting on the road
Reply #1 - Aug 30th, 2018 at 6:30pm

I went up to see it tonight. They have installed a culvert in that perpetual wet spot at the bottom of the field and added some gravel, as well as ditching it quite nicely.  Good thing we didn't spend any money on gravel the last couple of years.

It'll be interesting to see what the grader does.  They've cut the trees back 5 feet or more on both sides of the road right up to the bottom of the field.  That in itself doesn't improve the road any.  Hopefully, gravel is planned for that stretch as they might get a truck or two mired when it gets wet.  lol

OLDEST AL the walking spellchecker

IP Logged

RocketManRC
Private

Here's to summer!

Bedford NS
Re: Work starting on the road
Reply #2 - Sep 22nd, 2018 at 2:34pm

It would appear that the road work is nearly finished as one of the last steps was supposed to be grading the road. The jury is still out as to whether or not the lower part of the road will be improved or not.

https://vimeo.com/291276934

I suggest being cautious going up the road until we see what the conditions are!

Rick MacDonald

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print