Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Question for Jon (Read 2124 times)
Ben Lann

ASRCM Forum User

New Glasgow, NS
Question for Jon
Feb 22nd, 2018 at 3:48pm

Are you using the stock setup on your night Visionaire or are you using something different?

I am looking a purchasing one for Margaree.

http://www.facebook.com/ben.lann  
IP Logged

JON BOY
Private

GEEBEE Driver

Re: Question for Jon
Reply #1 - Feb 22nd, 2018 at 11:17pm

Hi Ben, I hope all is well with you. Yes I am using the stock power setup for this airplane. I do want to say that this is one of the most expensive foam planes that I have ever owned. About 30 flights in +- as I was hovering the plane the motor quit. Lucky for me it wasn't very high and it just landed flat. Not much damage to the air frame, but after inspection the ESC fried, which also took out the reciever and 2 of the 4 servos. I replaced all of that and then just a few flights later the other 2 servos failed. I then also replaced those as well, and flew for most of the rest of the season. When I replaced the elevator servo, I just re-used the elevator horn that the pushrod was hooked to and moved on. I then thought that I was fine..... but not the case. While I was flying at the neat fair I put the plane through a few violent tumbles and the servo horn flexed enough to let the z bend pull out, which resulted in a pretty hard smack to the ground in the night no less. That led to a lot of damage. That being said the servo horns that come on the plane are long and narrow and plastic. Guess I should have changed them too. That crash also led to a new shaft and bearings for the motor.
Before you ask, I did contact Horizon about all of this. that was a joke to say the least. The funniest part of that was that they wanted me to ship the whole plane back to them. I could have done that if the wings would come back off the plane like they are supposed to, but in my case I have one wing half that will not come apart. The plastic tab is and has been locked in the slot since I have had the plane. I would have to literally break the plane to get it apart. I can show you when we cross paths. Horizon actually told me that if I had to break the wing off to ship it back to them than that was what I should do. At that point, lets just say that I wasn't very professional with them on the phone and I just gave up. I am into this plane for about 600 dollars now.
All this aside, the plane flies amazing and the lights are awesome.... but good luck

IP Logged

FLC astroflyer
Private

MULLIGAN driver

Milford, N.S.
Reply #2 - Feb 23rd, 2018 at 11:16am

Lol, great review Jon.  That should sell a few hundred of them,  lol

OLDEST AL the walking spellchecker

IP Logged

Ben Lann

ASRCM Forum User

New Glasgow, NS
Reply #3 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 9:40pm

Hey Jon,

That is terrible.  I really enjoyed you flying it last Margaree.  I was hoping to do the same this year.  The price has dropped but if the reliability is suspect I may change my mind.

Thanks for the info.

http://www.facebook.com/ben.lann  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print