ASRCM
  Welcome to ASRCM's Forum!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Windy Weather Milford 102 Cam  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Shearwater Indoor Flying (Read 1692 times)
CF Av8or
YaBB Newbies

ASRCM Forum User

East Lawrencetown
Shearwater Indoor Flying
Jan 9th, 2018 at 10:15pm

I am happy to announce that I have just received approval for the Shearwater RC Flyers (SRCF) to host any other MAAC members at our weekly indoor flying sessions in the Shearwater gym!

As such, I would like to formally welcome all MAAC fliers to join us on Sunday mornings from 10:30 to 12:30 for indoor flying in the very nice indoor facility at Shearwater.

There is no fee for Sunday flying, but there are a number of rules which visiting fliers are expected to abide by:

1) Entry to fly in the gym does not imply access to the remainder of the facility. Once our flying session time is over, participants must leave the gym. Non-military (or retired military) personnel are not entitled to use the weight room, cardio room, pool, etc., unless they pay a drop-in fee to the facility.

2) SRCF members must take responsibility for any visiting fliers which use the facility, so as a result, an SRCF member must always be in attendance. If at least one SRCF member cannot be in attendance for a given Sunday flying session, then flying on that day will have to be cancelled and non-SRCF members will not be permitted to fly at the gym.

As such, visiting fliers will need to check the SRCF forum, at the "Flying Schedule" section, before they venture out to Shearwater. Here is the link: http://shearwaterflyers.proboards.com/board/5/flying-schedule

Ideally, no later than the preceding Saturday evening, if at least one SRCF member intends to participate on Sunday, he shall communicate this on the SRCF Forum. If by early Sunday morning no SRCF member has indicated that they will attend, then flying will be deemed cancelled that day, and visiting fliers seeing this can avoid making an un-necessary trip to Shearwater.

So, welcome all indoor flyers. Come in out of the cold and join us for some warm winter flying!

Cheers,
Vic

IP Logged

FLC astroflyer
Private

MULLIGAN driver

Milford, N.S.
Re: Shearwater Indoor Flying
Reply #1 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 10:54am

Thanks for posting this Vic.  Jon and I plan on attending soon.

OLDEST AL the walking spellchecker

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print