ASRCM
  Welcome to ASRCM's Forum!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Windy Weather Milford 102 Cam  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
2017 Lawrencetown Slope Fest (Read 5060 times)
CF Av8or
YaBB Newbies

ASRCM Forum User

East Lawrencetown
2017 Lawrencetown Slope Fest
Aug 18th, 2017 at 8:54pm

Just wanted to let you guys know that the event this weekend has been postponed due to the weather. 

It will (hopefully) be run next weekend on Sat 26 Aug.

Thanks,
Vic

IP Logged

FLC astroflyer
Private

MULLIGAN driver

Milford, N.S.
Re: 2017 Lawrencetown Slope Fest
Reply #1 - Aug 18th, 2017 at 11:08pm

Thanks vic.  Well just modify our plans to next weekend.

OLDEST AL the walking spellchecker

IP Logged

CF Av8or
YaBB Newbies

ASRCM Forum User

East Lawrencetown
Reply #2 - Aug 25th, 2017 at 10:55am

Slope Fest 2017 Postponed....again!

Due to the unfavourable off-shore wind direction forecast for both Saturday and Sunday, Slope Fest 2017 is unfortunately again postponed. 

Luck of the weather has not been with us this year, it seems.  We will need to postpone to Saturday 16 September.  Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused to those planning to attend from away.

Thanks,
Vic

IP Logged

CF Av8or
YaBB Newbies

ASRCM Forum User

East Lawrencetown
Reply #3 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 9:06pm

Hey Guys,

It is starting to look promising to hold the event this weekend! I think Sunday is looking like the main day, although there might be some SW wind starting late on Saturday as well.

Keep your weekend open, and stay tuned to this bat-channel for more updates!

Cheers,
Vic

IP Logged

CF Av8or
YaBB Newbies

ASRCM Forum User

East Lawrencetown
Reply #4 - Sep 21st, 2017 at 10:28pm

Guys,

Slope Fest is a go this weekend, in spite of contradictory forecasts and uncertainty about the wind direction.  I'm not as yet calling the event for either day, Sat or Sun, due to being unable to tell which will be the "better" day at this point in time. 

Let's just say the event is a go whenever the gods favour us with a south to southwest wind.  This could be as early as Saturday afternoon or as late as Sunday afternoon, depending on which forecasts you believe (personally, I don't trust any of them).  I will try to update this site when able.  The bottom line is, the New Brunswick gang will be arriving at my place in Lawrencetown on Friday evening, and we will be flying when the proper wind presents itself all weekend. 

There will be a BBQ lunch served on either Sat or Sun (depending on the wind), and there will be a bonfire party at Mary's and my 500 West Lawrencetown Rd property for any and all flyers and friends on Saturday night (regardless of the wind situation).  So please come join us and bring something to drink and/or to BBQ and a lawn chair for this annual social event.  It's worth it, if only to listen to Jim Lloyds crazy stories!  There may also be some evening park-flying in the big field at my place, so bring an electric plane with you if you come.

As well, anyone is welcome to camp at our place for the weekend and avoid driving home after the flying and festivities. 

Here's hoping for a good wind!

Cheers,
Vic

IP Logged

CF Av8or
YaBB Newbies

ASRCM Forum User

East Lawrencetown
Reply #5 - Sep 22nd, 2017 at 2:32pm

It's on for Sunday!

The latest wind forecasts indicate that Sunday will be the main event.  Nevertheless, the bonfire social is still a go for Saturday night (any time after 7 pm) in West Lawrencetown.  That's not to say we won't be flying on Saturday late afternoon as well, as it looks like the wind may be favourable then.  And of course, some park-flying at my place afterwards.

One wind forecast is indicating some potential strong SW winds 11 gusting 19 knots for Sunday afternoon, so don't leave your fast, heavy slopers (or power models with their props removed) behind, as it might be really good!

I look forward to seeing everyone there!

Vic

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print