Reply #1 - Sep 10th, 2013 at 4:31pm

yes

IP Logged

SHAWN M

ASRCM Forum User

Re: Indoor flying sites
Reply #2 - Mar 4th, 2014 at 11:34am

Good Morning Gents

Despite all of the challenges we have had this year with our flying site at HERH; our indoor season has been a huge success so far (in my opinion) and it has been great to see new faces at our new venue.    So far the floor at HERH has not been replaced and I would like to have some discussion among the group on what our indoor flying season will look like for 2014-15.  I realize that this may be early, but I have begun to look at some possible options for a new site for next year.   Our current site at Elmsdale District is secure till the end of this season’s indoor with our last night being on March 31st 2014.  I was in contact with the folks at Riverside Education Centre in Milford about possibly getting their gym for next year’s indoor.  The only night that is available is Monday, which suits me fine.   I was in to look at the gym and the size is much larger than our current site in Elmsdale as it is considered a double gym.  The lighting however is not as good as Elmsdale, but is better than HERH.  Anyway, this is something to think about as I don’t need to confirm with the school that I want the Gym till next September.   Also note that Elmsdale and HERH are possible options as well. 

Shawn M 

Anything will fly at least once... Even a rock...
SHAWN M https://www.facebook.com/shawncat  
IP Logged

FLC astroflyer
Private

MULLIGAN driver

Milford, N.S.
Reply #3 - Mar 4th, 2014 at 4:55pm

You have done a fantastic job with the indoor Shawn over the past few years and you are right, this year has been great despite losing hants east.

For indoor bigger is always better, as it is with most other things. Lol  So if we have a chance at a larger venue go for it.  Monday night is fine for me as well and from the number turning out recently it must a good night all round.

If the only night available next year is Monday, that must mean they have booked groups there already for next year.   I suggest we grab it right now to be sure we have it.

Your efforts in all of this is appreciated!

OLDEST AL the walking spellchecker

IP Logged

JMiller
Private

Rotor Head

Milford
Reply #4 - Mar 4th, 2014 at 5:14pm

Nice job Shawn!  A bigger venue would be fantastic Smiley  Monday nights work out fine and it's a great way to start the week.

IP Logged

SHAWN M

ASRCM Forum User

Indoor flying 2014/15
Reply #5 - Sep 8th, 2014 at 10:52am

Good Morning Guys

Here is what's going on with our indoor for this year. 
I was just in touch with Riverside Education Centre to discuss plans for our 2014/15 indoor flying season.   I was told that Monday nights as previously planned are no longer available as I did not confirm in time and the only night available is Friday. This however may change and other nights may open as the floor at the high school (HERH) nears completion.   

Elmsdale District Elementary, which is the site that we flew at lastyear is available for Monday nights and are willing to have us back for another year if we wanted. (Looking at a mid October starting date.) 

As you may remember last year we had our fair share of challanges with indoor.  I am asking for input from the group as to what works best for all.  We need to move quickly on this as gyms tend to book up fast.

Please note that I am enrolled in evening classes and may not be available on some nights. (so far Monday's are open for me)   That said,  I may ask someone from the group to collect the rental fees if this happens to be the case. 

Shawn M

IP Logged

JMiller
Private

Rotor Head

Milford
Reply #6 - Sep 8th, 2014 at 1:45pm

Mondays or Fridays work fine for me.  I'm pretty sure the REC gym is a lot bigger isn't it?  If it is then the REC gets my vote.

IP Logged

FLC astroflyer
Private

MULLIGAN driver

Milford, N.S.
Reply #7 - Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:26pm

The bigger gym is the way to go.  that said either monday or friday I'd fly.  some might not friday night starting the weekend perhaps.

IP Logged

C-GARL
Private

ASRCM Forum User

Halifax West
Reply #8 - Sep 8th, 2014 at 9:07pm

Bigger is better. Monday or Friday is also goo for me.

IP Logged

JON BOY
Private

GEEBEE Driver

Reply #9 - Sep 9th, 2014 at 5:00am

The bigger gym and Friday's sounds great to me.

IP Logged

SHAWN M

ASRCM Forum User

Reply #10 - Sep 9th, 2014 at 3:13pm

Here is a quick update on whats happening.

I was talking to the folks at REC today and our flying season will look somewhat like what it did lastyear.  The gym at REC will only be available on Friday's till mid January as a group has it booked for archery.   However another night will be available (Thinking Monday) by then as the gym floor at the high school will be completed and the teams using the rec gym can go back to thier home gym.

So in short,  We can start mid October till Christmas and then we can move to another night. 

Thats if we want the bigger gym.  Smiley

Shawn M
« Last Edit: Sep 9th, 2014 at 4:14pm by SHAWN M »  

IP Logged

FLC astroflyer
Private

MULLIGAN driver

Milford, N.S.
Reply #11 - Sep 9th, 2014 at 8:21pm

sounds good shawn.  sew it up before someone else does.  lol

IP Logged

Newfie Bullet